Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blast Off!!

(cross posted, and edited, from Coffee and Chemo)


We have come, the darkness to expel
Fire and light, in our hands
Each of us, a tiny light
Together, we shine, mighty bright
(from a Hebrew folk song; my translation)
(traditionally sung on Hanukkah)

Whether it is one's focus, or just another one of life's challenges, cancer is discussed on-line in many different forums.

For me, the blogosphere best suits my needs.

When I was part of a group blog, I felt I had a powerful, virtual support group.

So, I decided to start a group blog that focuses on mothers living with cancer (as a chronic condition).

My goal: to gather at least ten bloggers to be part of our initial team. 

It turned out to be a bit more challenging than I expected.  But with patience, and a bit of perseverance, a new group slowly, and surely, began forming. 

Our only requirement for joining the blog:  introduce yourself!

After that, the sky's the limit.

As soon as the tenth blogger joined our team, we were ready to launch!

We are quite an eclectic bunch! We are religious and secular, Christians and Jews, believers and non-believers, right wingers and left wingers, private and social, funny and serious. 

What do we have in common?

We are all young moms and we all have cancer that is not going to go away.

Oh, and one more thing:

We are all determined to live life to its fullest!!



Please daven (pray), or send happy, healing thoughts, for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I love the song you started with, it speaks deeply in many areas of life. Thank you for being a vibrant voice for cancer mommies!

    ReplyDelete